Kitchen Cabinet Ideas: Choosing the Perfect Cabinets for Your Kitchen
Nowadays, kitchen cabinets come in an endless variety of styles. Through different colors, grains, and wood types, kitchen cabinets are now more versatile than ever. Choosing the perfect kitchen cabinets for your remodel is a daunting task. With so many options and considerations, it’s important to pick that perfect kitchen cabinet for you.
Choosing the right kitchen cabinet requires the perfect combination of style and functionality. You want cabinets that look nice, but you also want cabinets that will serve your needs for years and years to come.
Kitchen Cabinet Colors & Grains
Luckily for picky homeowners, cabinet colors come in all varieties. From the light touch of maple cabinetry to dark wood, kitchen remodelers will be able to find the perfect color for your decor and style.
In addition to kitchen cabinet colors, there are kitchen cabinet grains to choose from. The cabinet’s gran is the texture of the wood on the cabinet. There are seven types of grains to choose from in your kitchen cabinet:
- Fine Grain (miniscule visible lines)
- Straight Grain
- Cross Grain (patterns running parallel to the wood)
- Spiral Grain (tornado-like patterns)
- Wavy Grain
- Curly Grain
- Arch Grain (patterns containing inverted Us and Vs)
Once you’ve decided on cabinet color and grain, the next step will be to choose the type of wood you’d like your cabinets to be made of.
Different Types of Wood on Cabinets
Woods that make up kitchen cabinetry can be classified as either hardwood or softwood. Here, we’ll provide an overview of the most common wood used for kitchen cabinetry, as well as some qualities of each.
- Maple kitchen cabinets are a medium to hard wood and typically in a wavy or curly grain. One of their great qualities is that they are shock absorbent, which can help in a busy kitchen.
- Oak kitchen cabinets are considered to be heavy cabinets. They stain very well and look very polished when installed.
- Birch kitchen cabinets are a smooth hardwood that normally has straight, wavy, or curly grains and are also very shock resistant. This cabinet is good for a casual, refined setting.
- Hickory kitchen cabinets are considered one of the strongest cabinets available. In addition, hickory kitchen cabinets provide a wide array of color from light to dark.
- Cherry kitchen cabinets are known for their smooth grain and nice color. The way the wood reacts with the lighting in a kitchen proves to be a popular feature among homeowners.
Custom Cabinet Design in Naples, Estero, and Fort Myers
At Cornerstone Builders of Southwest Florida, we aim to provide the highest quality custom cabinetry available. From custom cabinet design to cabinet refacing, we want to ensure that our clients are 100% satisfied with the final product in their kitchen. We want to WOW you and your guests for years to come!
At Cornerstone, we like to think of your home as our home. If you’re ready to transform your kitchen, contact us here today. We look forward to hearing from you!